Court interim order in GOSA v SAPS:
1) SAPS prohibited from collecting surrendered firearms.
2) Application is postponed to normal roll
3) Declaratory order that expired license validities be extended for people that can show good cause
4) Licenses must be allowed to apply for renewal. Phahlane’s directive prohibiting renewals is invalidated.
5) The IT system of CFR must be repaired to accept late renewals
6) SAPS must issue directive to repair IT system at CFR
7) Applicant shall be deemed to be in lawful possession of their firearms
Costs are reserved for main application
Download SAPS Directive