Dedicated Theoretical Assessment Process
To apply for a dedicated status, a member must first complete and pass the prescribed theoretical assessment and the practical assessment and then complete the dedicated application form online from the member’s area.
In Person Assessment
We have recognised training providers for those who are in need of a classroom style learning experience and supervised practical assessment. See website for list of approved training providers.
- The official results from the service provider must be uploaded when completing the online application form.
- The results of the practical and theoretical assessment must be clearly stated in this report
- The service providers contact details must be clearly stated
- The application is subject to approval and verification
- These assessments can be taken online from the member’s area LMS – Learning Management System.
- A minimum of 70% must be achieved to pass the assessment
- You may study any of the topics in your own time before taking the assessment using any of your own reading material
- Once you start the assessment, you can choose one topic at a time, read through the information provided and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you have completed the assessment, you can print the completion certificate for your records
- You still need to follow the process of applying for dedicated status using the online application form from the member’s area.
The theoretical assessment for the dedicated hunter is based on the knowledge and understanding of the following topics.
- Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000
- Basic Firearm Safety
- Hunting Ordinances and Proclamation
- Hunting Ethics
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- If you currently have a dedicated status with another association, you may use this to apply for your NARFO dedicated status.
- The following information is needed:
- Letter of good standing from your association
- Proof of dedicated status
- Completed online application form from the member’s area
- Acceptance of the Dedicated Declaration
- The application is subject to approval
Once the application is submitted, it will be validated and on approval, you may download your dedicated certificated from the member’s area.